What are the terms of service?
Effective Date: March 23, 2021
Welcome to the Mommy Index Ltd. (the Company, we, us, or our) website. This site is maintained as a service to our customers. These terms, together with any documents referenced below (together, the Website Terms) govern use of and access to https://mommyindex.com/, any subdomains of the URL owned by the Company (together the Site), including any content, functionality, and services offered through the Site (together, the Services), whether accessed as a guest or registered user.
The Company may revise, remove, replace, or supplement any part of the Website Terms in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you by updating the Website Terms. Therefore, review these Website Terms periodically for changes. The Services are continually under development and changes to the Services may be made. Any changes to these Website Terms are effective upon you accessing our Site. If you disagree with these Website Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue your use of the Services. Your continued use after a change has been posted constitutes your acceptance of the changes.
The Company is not liable or responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided through the Services. Unless separately agreed upon by the Company and users, the Company assumes no responsibility for any damages arising from your use of, or inability to use, the Services. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, OR CURRENCY OF THIS INFORMATION OR ITS SUITABILITY FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Accessing the Site and Security
We reserve the right to withdraw, upgrade, or amend the Services and any service or material we provide through the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. Unless otherwise agreed between the Company and you, we will not be liable if all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to Site visitors, including registered users.
All content on this Site is and shall continue to be the property of the Company or its content suppliers and is protected under copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as permitted in these Website Terms. You will acquire no ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Site.
We grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this Site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use.
You agree not to circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content on the Site.
Use of this Site is at our discretion, and we may terminate your use of this Site.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. By using the Services, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. The Company does not seek through the Services to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian. IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Compliance with Laws
You agree to comply with all laws regarding your use of the Site. You further agree that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
You agree to indemnify the Company and our partners, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of these Website Terms or use of the Site.
THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The material and information on the Site are for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal, health, or any other decision. Any reliance you place on the material or information is strictly at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
THE COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in these Website Terms that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
Use of Information
Copyrights and Copyright Agent
If you believe your work has been copied so it constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have otherwise been violated, please send a notice to us using our Contact Information below. The notice should contain the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material you claim is infringing is on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Links to Other Websites
As you view the Services, you may see links to third party websites. These links are for convenience only. If you use these links, you will leave our Services. Certain of these linked websites may make use of the Company’s proprietary intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names) under license from the Company. The Company is not responsible for the availability or content of these other websites or for any viruses or other damaging elements encountered in linking to a third party website. In addition, providing links to these websites should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by the Company of the organizations sponsoring such third party websites or their products or services. These Website Terms do not apply to any other websites or mobile applications.
By visiting or use the Services or otherwise provide information to the Company, you agree that any dispute over your use of the Services will be governed by the laws of Colorado, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. You consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising with our Services in the state and federal courts in Denver in Denver County, Colorado.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE WEBSITE TERMS OR THE SERVICES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You may contact us at any time by these means:
If any provision of these Website Terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Website Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Website Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of these Website Terms must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the Company.
The Company may terminate these Website Terms at any time, with or without notice.
Last updated March 23, 2021
- Mommy Index Ltd. (Mommy Index) is the owner of the Site. You may contact Mommy Index at any time by these means: email@example.com
2. Visits to the Site. In general, you can use the Site without disclosing any personal information. Mommy Index does not keep track of the domains from which people visit us.
Personal Information That May Be Collected
3. Identifying Information. When you sign up to become a user of the Site (a User), you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information, such as your first name, last name, and email address (your Personal Information).
5. Links to Other Websites. The Site may contain links to other websites and service providers. Mommy Index is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Uses Made of the Information
(a) To respond to your requests and inquiries;
(b) To contact you about changes to the Site;
(c) To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
(d) For any other purposes disclosed when the information is collected or to which you consent; and
7. Marketing Uses. The information you provide on the Site may also be collected, used, analyzed and/or processed by Mommy Index, or selected third parties on the Mommy Index’s behalf, for marketing and other business purposes.
8. Stored Information Uses. Mommy Index stores the information provided by you. Stored information is used by Mommy Index or Mommy Index agents to support your interaction with the Site and to contact you again about other Mommy Index services and products.
9. Online Advertising. Some companies that help Mommy Index deliver interactive online advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about you to help Mommy Index better understand the advertising or promotions most appealing to you. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individuals.
Disclosure of the Information
10. Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, Mommy Index sells, buys, merges, or otherwise reorganizes its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is Mommy Index’s practice to seek protection for information in these transactions.
11. Agents. Mommy Index employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of Mommy Index. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions but are prohibited from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing user services.
12. Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. Mommy Index may disclose to third parties personal information about you for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in aggregate data that does not describe or identify you.
Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. Mommy Index may release personal information to appropriate governmental authorities where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or by a regulation, or is requested by a government agency investigating or proceedings.
Use of Computer Tracking Technologies
14. No Tracking of Personal Information. The Site is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our Site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying Site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but, again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
16. Use of Web Beacon Technologies. Mommy Index may also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor its Site to provide better customer service. If these technologies are in use, when a visitor accesses these pages of the Site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by Mommy Index or by its suppliers. Web beacons usually work with cookies. If you do not want cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies; however, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
17. Collection of Non-Identifiable Information. Mommy Index may collect non-identifiable information from user visits to the Site to provide better customer service. Examples of such collecting include traffic analysis, such as tracking of the domains from which users visit or tracking numbers of visitors; measuring visitor activity on the Site; Site and system administration; user analysis; and business decision making. Such information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” Mommy Index or its contractors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics.
18. Collection of Personal Information. Mommy Index may extract some personally identifying information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information, such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level (not at an individual level) to help Mommy Index understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level.
19. No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. Mommy Index will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by humans cannot be made absolutely secure. Mommy Index shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of Mommy index including errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of Mommy Index and/or third parties.
21. Opt-Out Right. You have the right to cease permitting personal information to be collected, used, or disclosed by Mommy Index and/or by any third parties with whom Mommy index shares or transfers such personal information. Right of cancellation may be exercised by contacting Mommy Index via email. After processing the cancellation, Mommy Index will delete your personal information from its data base.
Access Rights to Data.
22. Information Maintained by the Company. Upon your request, Mommy Index will reasonably describe your personally identifiable information that the Company maintains in its data bank. Mommy Index can be contacted by email.
23. Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help Mommy Index to keep your personal information accurate. If your personal information changes, or if you note an error after review of your information that Mommy Index has on file, please promptly contact Mommy Index and provide the new or correct information.
California’s privacy laws require the Company to provide notice to California users of their rights to receive information on to which entities their information was shared for marketing.
Does Mommy Index accept any form of payments, sponsorships or endorsements from businesses?
Yes, Mommy Index accepts payments from businesses who are listed under “Recommended Businesses & Reviews” in the form of annual or monthly subscriptions.
However, Mommy Index only allows certain businesses we have personally experienced and have had a very positive experience with on The List (hence, a curated list).
Mommy Index does not accept payments from non-profits or free, community resources.